- Dish type
- Side dish
- Vegetable side dishes
Grated carrots and sliced fennel bulb are gently cooked in olive oil, then combined with double cream and seasoned with ground coriander. A lovely side dish for pork.
42 people made this
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 75ml double cream
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:30min
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Stir in the carrots and fennel, and season with ground coriander and fennel seeds. Cook until golden brown.
- Stir in the cream and reduce heat to low. Cook until the cream has warmed through; serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(54)
Reviews in English (45)
by Sonia S.
This is so yummy! I added a 1/2 chopped onion, 1/2 tspn of salt, 1/2 tspn of red pepper, 1/2 tspn of garam masala, and 1/2 tspn of turmeric powder.-03 Mar 2009
Wonderful recipe, my husband and I both loved it. Has a natural sweetness due to the cooked carrots and fennel bulb. I made this recipe exactly as written.-30 Aug 2008