- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
This savoury chicken dish is a passed down recipe from my godmother. I love that it is simple but bursting with flavour.
136 people made this
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted garlic
- 1/2 (400ml) tin coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch crushed red chilli flakes
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:55min ›Ready in:1hr10min
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7.
- In a large frying pan, fry chicken breast in vegetable oil until the chicken just begins to brown.
- Stir onions, green peppers and red peppers into the frying pan with the chicken. Saute until the onions are translucent. When the vegetables are translucent, stir in the garlic and coconut milk. Let the mixture cook 5 to 8 minutes before removing the frying pan from the heat. Season with salt, pepper and red chilli flakes.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and bake in a 220 C / Gas 7 oven for 45 minutes, or until the vegetables cook down and the chicken is tender.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(131)
Reviews in English (100)
Loved it very easy and very tasty wife said it was amazing I served this on a bed of mushroom fried rice-04 Jan 2011
This is an good recipe, but I thought it could use some additions. I used a whole can of coconut milk rather than half and added sesame oil, fresh ginger, jalapeno pepper, fresh lime juice and cilantro, which turned good into extraordinary!! Also, I did not put it in the oven. I browned the chicken really well (I used thighs and breasts)and then removed it from skillet to saute the vegetables. I added the chicken back with the vegetables and coconut milk and finished cooking it on top of the stove. I think I would cut the chicken in bite sized pieces the next time. Serve over rice. Yummy!!-07 Nov 2002
This dish is very tasty however, I would do some things differently next time. Instead of adding 7 oz of coconut milk, I will use a full can to create more sauce. Secondly, I didn't think it was necessary to bake it for 45 min., 10 min. was enough. This dish taste great over a bed of rice.-10 Feb 2003