- Dish type
- Toffee cheesecake
This cheesecake is perfect for autumn.
95 people made this
- 600g preserved apples
- 1 (23cm) prepared digestive biscuit base
- 450g cream cheese, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons shop-bought toffee sauce
- 12 pecan halves
- 80g chopped pecans
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:35min ›Extra time:1hr cooling › Ready in:2hr5min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Reserve 150g of preserved apples and set aside.
- Spoon remaining preserved apples over biscuit base. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth then add eggs and mix well. Pour over apple filling in base.
- Bake at 180 C / Gas 4 for 35 minutes, or until centre is set. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Mix reserved preserved apples and toffee sauce in a small saucepan. Heat for about 1 minute. Arrange apple slices around outside edge of cheesecake. Spread caramel sauce evenly over. Decorate with pecan halves around edge. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Chill until ready to serve.
For more easy tips on how to make a perfect cheesecake, check out our Perfect cheesecake tips how-to guide.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(101)
Reviews in English (80)
I was excited to try because it was so freakin' simple and good. Here are my SUPER EASY CHEATS: Use a pre-made Nilla Wafer crust, canned apple pie filling and the pre-made tub of Philly Cheesecake Mix found in your grocery deli section by the cream cheese. Add yummy caramel and chopped nuts to the top (or crushed toffee bits/candy) and let it sit for a few hours. EASY AND YUMMY!-31 Mar 2008
My impression was that it was pretty good, but there was something about it I didn't care for, although I couldn't put my finger on it. Then my husband tried it and said it was "interesting" (translation: I'm not sure if I care for this or not - which was basically my reaction). He said he loved the apples and caramel part, but the cheesecake part was very bland. It was a fluffy consistency, not a creamy consistency. I think the filling needed more vanilla to help with the flavor.-15 May 2002
I thought this came out really well. I put in a full teaspoon of vanilla after reading other peoples comments, and also added 1/2 tsp cinnamon to the mix. I made the crust and put 1/4tsp cinnamon in there as well. turned out yummy.-28 Nov 2005