- Dish type
- Toffee cheesecake
This is a simple cheesecake with a lovely mixture of warm, fragrant spices. Topped with a toffee pecan sauce.
24 people made this
- 85g digestive biscuit crumbs
- 50g ground pecan nuts
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 50g butter or margarine, melted
- 450g cream cheese, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons toffee sauce
- 110g chopped pecans
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:1hr10min ›Extra time:4hr chilling › Ready in:5hr30min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. In a medium bowl, combine digestive biscuit crumbs, ground pecans, sugar, cinnamon, mixed spice and nutmeg. Pour in the melted butter. Mix well and press into the bottom of a 23cm springform cake tin.
- In a large bowl, Beat cream cheese, 100g sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Pour filling over base.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 70 minutes, or until filling is set. Allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine toffee sauce and chopped pecans. Spread evenly over cooled cheesecake. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
For more easy tips on how to make a perfect cheesecake, check out our Perfect cheesecake tips how-to guide.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(22)
Reviews in English (19)
This is a fantastic recipe for Cheesecake lover's but you must double the recipe if not at least increase by half. If you don't you will end up with a pretty pathetic looking cheesecake.-05 Nov 2002
Very good Cheesecake, my family raved about it. Although, next time I will double the recipe to better fit my pan. It came out a little short.-21 Feb 2002
I changed mine slightly by leaving out all the stuff to make the spice crust.. All I used were the graham crackers and butter. I also had to up the amount of cream cheese and other ingredients since my pan was bigger then 9 inches. For the top all I put was caramel, but the items used to make the actual cheesecake part I have to say made an awesome tasting cheesecake.-06 Dec 2001