- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
- Pan fried chicken breasts
This is a great recipe if you're looking for something out of the ordinary to do with chicken breasts. Camembert is a nice choice, but do feel free to try your favourite cheese if desired.
58 people made this
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 175ml milk
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain mustard
- 90g Camembert cheese, cubed
- 1 avocado - peeled, stone removed and sliced
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- Lightly brush a non-stick frying pan with 1 teaspoon oil, and place over medium heat. Fry chicken breasts in the frying pan until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, melt butter in a small frying pan over medium heat, and stir in flour until smooth. Stir in spring onion, and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture starts to brown. Gradually mix in milk and continue cooking and stirring until the sauce is thick and smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in the mustard and Camembert until melted and smooth.
- Remove chicken to serving plates, and top with slices of avocado. Pour sauce over the chicken and serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(49)
Reviews in English (37)
Just as advertised, very easy and ritzy. As usual I made a few small changes to the recipe. Our son was home from college with a group so I had to multiply and as the number changed, I changed the principle method of cooking the chicken from pan to oven. The only thing I would change is how to handle the cheese. Camembert is very similar to Brie which could be used. I wasn't sure how to handle the corn starch skin. I reasoned the corn starch would become incorporated and add to the thickening. It didn't. The next time I thought I would heat the cheese separately and add it to the green onion butter mixture, don't. Next time I'll trim the cheese "skin" and have a snack while cooking. This recipe is a keeper, quick easy and kinda fancy.-20 Sep 2002
I used brie (rind removed) instead of Camembert, and the sauce came out smooth, rich, and very tasty with a hint of spiciness from the mustard. I also used only 2 chicken breasts and used the extra sauce over steamed asparagus spears -- DELICIOUS!-11 Oct 2002