- Meat and poultry
- Beef soup
This is a delicious way to do something different with sweetcorn, and mince for that matter! Use tinned or frozen sweetcorn if you're in a pinch.
45 people made this
- 1L water
- 200g tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 300g fresh sweetcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 225g minced beef
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr10min
- In a large saucepan over high heat, combine the water, tomato puree, salt, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, green pepper, red pepper and sweetcorn. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium low and allow to simmer at a slow boil for 35 minutes.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the oil, onion and garlic and saute for 3 to 5 minutes. Add to the simmering soup. In the same saucepan over medium heat, saute the minced beef for 10 minutes or until well browned, and add to the soup. Stir well and simmer for 10 more minutes.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(42)
Reviews in English (35)
This was a hit! It wasn't what I thought it would be because I don't think the corn was the major player in this soup, but it was delightful nonetheless! I use a bit extra tomato paste and I put some beef boullion in with the water to give it some extra flavor. I will make this again and again! Yum!-12 Dec 2005
I and all my guests loved this recipe. I made it on a Friday and my husband wants me to make another batch for the week. This is delicious and easy.-10 Oct 2001