- Dish type
- Side dish
- Seafood sauce
This is a fab combination of flavours - cheesy, creamy and spicy all in one go. Indulgently delicious!
1417 people made this
- 450g fettuccine pasta
- 500ml whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 100g chopped spring onions
- 50g chopped parsley
- 225g prawns, peeled and deveined
- 225g scallops
- 60g grated Gruyere cheese
- 40g grated Parmesan cheese
MethodPrep:25min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:40min
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, pour cream into large frying pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until just about boiling. Reduce heat, and add herbs, salt, peppers, onions and parsley. Simmer 7 to 8 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in seafood, cooking until prawns are no longer transparent. Stir in cheeses, blending well.
- Drain pasta. Toss sauce with fettuccine.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1197)
Reviews in English (863)
Absolutely delicious. I made a mistake when I did it and put slightly too much chili in it.-09 Sep 2012
Wonderful recipe but if your not a chilli lover do not put amount in as any cook knows that's way to much chilli for some body who doesn't love heat but it was a amazing hit-18 Feb 2015
I have now made this recipe 3-4 time. It's delicious and very quick to make. It's been a hit with my family too, even my 10year old nephew.-22 Jan 2014