- Dish type
- Side dish
- Vegetable side dishes
A tasty way to dress up broccoli.
1903 people made this
- 675g fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 75g butter
- 1 tablespoon dark brown soft sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons chopped salted cashews
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:20min
- Place the broccoli into a large pot with about 2.5cm of water in the bottom. Bring to the boil, and cook for 7 minutes, or until tender but still crisp. Drain, and arrange broccoli on a serving platter.
- While the broccoli is cooking, melt the butter in a small frying pan over medium heat. Mix in the dark brown soft sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, pepper and garlic. Bring to the boil, then remove from the heat. Mix in the cashews, and pour the sauce over the broccoli. Serve immediately.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2146)
Reviews in English (1485)
by Loves to Cook
This is a good recipe. The broccoli is tasty, but my husband thought there was too little sauce. The cashews tasted great with the sauce. Try toasting the cashews (375 degrees for 8-10 minutes on a cookie sheet) first.-01 Jun 2006
by THERESA R.
We liked this recipe. I did cut back on the butter (used half the recommended) but followed everything else in recipe. I think next time I will saute the garlic in the butter a bit before adding the remaining ingredients for the sauce. Also, I will allow the sauce contents to boil for a couple of minutes to allow the sauce to thicken a bit so that it will stick to the broccoli a bit better. Overall, good recipe...I'll be making this again.-14 Jun 2006
by Nikki Filippone
I couldn't believe how unbelievably fantastic this recipe turned out to be. My mom and I devoured this in less than 10 minutes. It just had the perfect flavor, the perfect amount of sweet, plus the perfect amount of tang. I asked my mom how she would rate it on a scale from 1 to 5, and her answer was... "from a broccoli lover's perspective... a 10"... and I agree with her 100%! I'm definitely making this one again!-26 Nov 2007