- Dish type
- Lemon cheesecake
My friend gave me this lemony cheesecake recipe. Blueberries would also be nice!
34 people made this
- 2 tablespoons digestive biscuit crumbs
- 900g cream cheese, softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 200g apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 625g fresh strawberries
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:55min ›Extra time:4hr chilling › Ready in:5hr10min
- Sprinkle the bottom of a lightly greased 23cm springform cake tin with the digestive biscuit crumbs.
- Combine the cream cheese and sugar. Mix at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in the lemon juice, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Pour cake mixture into the tin.
- Bake in a preheated 170 C / Gas 3 for 50 minutes. Loosen cake from rim of tin; cool before removing rim of tin.
- Combine apricot preserves and water in a small saucepan. Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally. Arrange strawberries on top of the cheesecake. Spoon apricot preserves mixture over strawberries. Chill.
For more easy tips on how to make a perfect cheesecake, check out our Perfect cheesecake tips how-to guide.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(20)
Reviews in English (18)
Cheesecake is great! It is the easiest recipe that I've found!!! We added blueberries to the top of the cheescake for an even more colorful and fruity dessert. Everbody loves it!!!-16 Feb 2000
by HEIDI CALHOUN
I really liked this recipe... it sounded odd to me. Lemon, strawberries, and apricots... But it was great and it has become one of our favorites.-10 Apr 2002
The cheesecake itself is awesome! The topping, not so much. I followed the recipe exactly, but the apricot topping never set up, so when I took it to my sister's for Easter, I got glaze everywhere! Even a slight tip of the cake plate sent the glaze running, which made a mess in my car and on my clothes. Next time, I'll bake the cheesecake as directed, but top it with a little fresh fruit compote right before serving.-06 Apr 2010