- Meat and poultry
- Roast pork
This is absolutely my favourite roast pork recipe. Use the dripping to make an incredible gravy.
44 people made this
- 1.3kg bone-in pork roasting joint
- 2 tablespoons dried marjoram
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons caraway seed
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:1hr30min ›Ready in:1hr35min
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3.
- Heat a roasting tin over medium high heat until hot. Rub the pork joint with the marjoram, salt and pepper. Brown all sides of the joint in the hot roasting tin. Sprinkle caraway seeds over all and pour in enough water to come halfway up the sides of the joint.
- Cover and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until an internal temperature of 70 degrees C is reached, about 30 minutes per 450g. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before carving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(46)
Reviews in English (34)
I first let the spices "merry" for 24 hours. After browning the roast, I cook it using apple cider beer in the pressure cooker and served it with spatzle and cooked apples. Skim fat and reduce liquid for gravy. It's wonderful and is now my husband's favorite pork roast recipe.Jannette-06 Feb 2001
Recipe for Chech Doumpling1 slice toasted buttered bread cut into small squares1 cup flour1tps. baking powder1/4 cup milk1tps. salt1 eggMix all ingrediants togeter and make an oblong loaf and let it rise one hour on a bread board under an inverted bowl. Put in a pot of boiling water and boil for ten minutes a side (20 min.total) until done.Cut with a string or knife before serving.Makes 1 eight inch loaf.-10 Mar 2006