- Dish type
- Mini cakes
- Fruit muffins
- Blueberry muffins
These muffins don't last long! You'll love the crumby streusel topping!
206 people made this
- 110g butter, softened
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 120ml milk
- 225g blueberries
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Grease a muffin tin or line with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. In a separate bowl, stir together 250g flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into egg mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cases. In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons flour, dark brown soft sugar and cinnamon. Rub in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping over unbaked muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(226)
Reviews in English (191)
Brilliant recipe! I have never made muffins before and this one worked out really well. Will definitely be trying it again soon.-10 Apr 2016
Good receipe. The topping is great.-13 Jul 2010
The muffin itself is great, not too sweet, which is as a muffin should be. Fluffy, tender and moist. It is the streusel, however, that I didn't like. Even though I used chilled butter as called for, it wasn't until I added two tablespoons more of both brown sugar and flour that I got a true streusel consistency. As written, the streusel is too heavy with butter. Had I used the streusel as is, while I'm sure it would have been acceptable, it would more than likely have somewhat melted into the muffin rather than being the crumb-like streusel topping I was after. Once I "fixed" it (at least to MY liking) all was fine, and I had a perfect blueberry streusel muffin.-31 Aug 2009