- Oily fish
- Salmon fillet
This is a simple, Indian-inspired recipe for salmon. You can also try this recipe with any white fish - cod, haddock, pollock, etc.
30 people made this
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 225g wild salmon fillets, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 125ml oil for frying
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:2min ›Extra time:15min marinating › Ready in:22min
- Mix together the chilli powder, turmeric and salt in a bowl. Add the salmon to the bowl and toss to coat. Allow to sit 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. While the oil is heating, sprinkle the cornflour over the salmon and again toss to coat.
- Cook the salmon in the heated oil until golden brown, about 1 minute per side.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(33)
Reviews in English (25)
I have cooked every kind of fish conceivable and this is absolutely the best stir fry salmon ever! Just the right about of spices and it would be great as an appetizer for a fish dinner.-24 Feb 2010
We loved this recipe! The only change I made was to use only a small amount of olive oil (appx 1 1/2 - 2 TBSP), which, I’m sure, may have changed it from the original intent, but it was great for us! We have to eat Gluten Free and it’s a perfect recipe for that. It was nice to find a new easy salmon recipe with an Indian influence (I’ve had very little experience with Indian food and this was a nice uncomplicated way to help get my feet wet.) I highly recommend this one! Thanks Tarma!-20 Jan 2009
My son and I both liked this dish. However it could have used more spice, especially more hot spice -- it was much blander than I thought it would be. But I never would have thought to cut salmon into small chunks and fry, and that actually was an easy way to prepare this dish -- and fast!-12 Jan 2008