- Dish type
- Ricotta cheesecake
This ricotta and cream cheese cheesecake recipe is utterly foolproof. You won't be disappointed!
84 people made this
- 675g ricotta cheese
- 450g cream cheese
- 200g caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons plain flour
- 250ml soured cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:1hr30min ›Extra time:4hr resting › Ready in:6hr
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3. Wrap the outside bottom of a 25cm springform cake tin with foil to prevent water seeping in while baking.
- Cream together ricotta cheese, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in the eggs one at a time. Add flour one tablespoon at a time, mixing well. Stir in the soured cream and vanilla. Pour mixture into prepared tin.
- Place springform tin in a large roasting tin, place in the oven and pour boiling water from the kettle into the roasting tin halfway up the sides. Bake for 90 minutes.
- After 90 minutes turn oven off, but leave the cake in the oven for another 60 minutes (do not open door).
- Cool at room temperature for 60 minutes and then refrigerate. Serve when thoroughly chilled.
For more easy tips on how to make a perfect cheesecake, check out our Perfect cheesecake tips how-to guide.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(73)
Reviews in English (61)
This recipe is an excellent base recipe for cheesecake. It is a little "gritty/grainy" because of the ricotta cheese; however, it is not as "gritty" as a traditional ricotta cheesecake due to the cream cheese and sour cream. I added a 1/2 cup of sugar, 1T of vanilla and some crystallized ginger. Therefore, it was not even slightly bland. This cake is great to experiment with, and since I like to play with my food I will continue to experiment. Overall, the cake was great. Light, sweet, and flavorful...a definite keeper.-09 May 2005
This was another one of the 3 cheesecakes I made for taste-testing. It rated 3rd due to the grainy texture and lack of taste. It did, however, bake up beautifully, no cracks, didn't sink, had a lovely appearance.-29 Aug 2002
by C. PEREZ
Although this is a very easy cheesecake to make and comes out very creamy, it doesn't have much flavor. A 1/2 tsp of vanilla does little. Try adding more vanilla, or adding additional extracts like almond or orange. Maybe even a little liquer. If not, the taste will be flat.-18 Dec 2000