- Pasta types
- Macaroni cheese
This recipe came from my gran and conjures up lots of good memories. The ultimate comfort food!
26 people made this
- 1 (500g) packet macaroni or conchiglie
- 1 (295g) tin condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 450g grated Cheddar cheese
- 50g jarred roasted red peppers, chopped
- 100g cream crackers, crushed
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr10min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Lightly grease a large casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Stir in pasta and cook 12 minutes, or until tender but still firm. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Mix cream of mushroom soup, Cheddar cheese and red pepper with the pasta. Pour into the prepared dish. Top with crushed crackers.
- Cover dish, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove cover, and continue baking 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crackers are lightly browned.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(15)
Reviews in English (14)
Made this lage one and 4 individual for the freezer and 2 for our tea, delicious *****I didn't have any cream crackers so used cheese biscuits left over from Xmas nibbles but worked well nice and cheesy .....-13 Apr 2018
We loved this recipe. I did not bake this as I've found that that sometimes dry's out the pasta. I added the soup and then the cheese, a chedder, mozzorella mix and let it sit two minutes to fully melt and it was amazing. Next day's leftover's were just as creamy and cheesy. I did not put in the pimentos because my daughter and grand-daughter wouldn't eat it with them. This is the one from now on. Thanks to Grandma Bee-12 Mar 2010
by Lily S.
This is the easiest mac and cheese ever! I added some dried onion bits, garlic powder and red pepper flakes for a little extra zip. It was a huge hit.-21 Apr 2010