- Dish type
This is a deliciously different brunch dish, reminiscent of eggs benedict.
14 people made this
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 slices of cured and smoked ham
- 10 leaves spinach, rinsed and dried
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 60ml pineapple juice
- salt and pepper to taste
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:35min
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy frying pan over medium heat. Add shallot, and cook until lightly browned. Remove from the pan, and set aside. Fry the ham slices in the same frying pan just until browned on each side. As you turn the ham to brown on the second side, place the spinach leaves on top to steam a little. Remove from the frying pan and place onto a plate or onto toasted English muffins, keeping the spinach on top.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the frying pan. Crack the eggs in, and fry on each side to your desired degree of doneness. Place the eggs on top of the ham stacks.
- Return the shallots to the frying pan, and season with curry powder. Gradually stir in pineapple juice, scraping the bottom of the pan to mix in all of the browned bits. Increase the heat to medium-high, and boil until the sauce has reduced and thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon sauce over the egg stacks and serve immediately.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(14)
Reviews in English (13)
These stacks are wonderful! I had them with vegetarian ham-style slices and pineapple rings (along with the juice). All the great flavors of breakfast are packed into these, and they smell really terrific while cooking. Send more stacks!-22 Apr 2005
by Snow likes to cook
I thought this was nice, I changed it a little however just because I was trying to have the fat content lowered a bit. I made it as an open faced sandwhich w one piece of toast (I had no english muffins). I forgot to saute a shallot, so I just fried a piece of ham, spinach on top and 1 egg over easy. I topped it with a little hot sauce as well. I know I changed it alot but I had to for my diet. I really enjoyed that there was spinach on it to add fiber in the meal. Thanks.-13 Jan 2008
SO very good! I thought the little pineapple caramelized drizzle was fantastic! I only had deli thin sliced ham so I cut that in strips and fried it up as in the directions. I added quite a bit more spinach since 5 leaves person is not much. I thought the flavors in this were wonderful. Just don't forget to salt and pepper your eggs and the spinach mix or it may be a little bland-07 Sep 2011