- Oily fish
- Sauce for salmon
Salmon steaks are barbecued and served with a quick and easy sauce. The cool yoghurt and avocado make this a great summertime dish.
178 people made this
- 2 avocados - stones removed and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 900g salmon steaks
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper, such as Schwartz
- salt to taste
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:30min
- Preheat an outdoor barbecue for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- In a medium bowl, mash together avocados, garlic, yoghurt and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rub salmon with dill, lemon pepper and salt. Place on the prepared barbecue, and cook 15 minutes, turning once, until easily flaked with a fork. Serve with the avocado mixture.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(227)
Reviews in English (154)
Fabulous recipe, or close to as I ran out of gas so used a George Forman grill. Used fresh dill as I didn't read the ingredients properly, and couldn't find lemon pepper so used lemon juice, black pepper & salt.Very liberal with measures as serving 2, and what a lovely avocado sauce with a big garlicky-bite!Served it with GF grilled cherry toms, cucumber and new potatoes.My partner who hates avocado loved the dish, will be doing this again!-19 Apr 2016
Great dip. If you can't find Greek style yogurt, take a carton of plain yogurt and let drain over cheesecloth for a few hours. The liquid will drain out of it and what is left in the cheesecloth is called yogurt cheese (delicious mixed with some herbs etc. for a dip) or Greek Yogurt. Greek Yogurt can also be found at Trader Joe's or some supermarkets are now carrying it.-03 Sep 2007
I'm always looking for good salmon recipes. This one is always well-received. I often just broil it in the oven rather than grill it. The avocado dip is great...if I don't have yogurt, I'll sometimes use sour cream instead. This is great with corn on the cob and roasted potatoes.-14 Oct 2006