- Dish type
- Side dish
- Vegetable side dishes
A simply delicious BBQ veg main or side to your favourite barbecued meat.
29 people made this
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 250ml white wine
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:30min
- Preheat barbecue for high heat.
- Place mushrooms onto the barbecue, smooth side up. Barbecue until they start to soften, about 10 minutes. Turn over and barbecue on the other side for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the shallot and fry for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove mushrooms to a cutting board, and slice. Place into the frying pan and increase the heat to high. Cook for about a minute, then pour in the wine. Continue to cook and stir until the wine is nearly evaporated. Remove from heat, and serve.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(42)
Reviews in English (34)
by Mrs. Popof
I've been making this for quite some time and had to rate it since it's far too underrated for its category. This is definitely the side to use if you're trying to impress. Words cannot describe it's goodness. If you like mushrooms, you'll love this!-17 May 2008
A delicious dish that is not too difficult. For a great vegetarian sandwich, serve open-faced on toasted rosemary foccaccia spread with dijonnaise. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. For the reviewer who ended up with venegar tasting mushrooms, your wine must have been off. Thanks for the recipe.-16 Sep 2008
Definite five star.I used a delicious red wine from the nights before, it was wonderful. If the wine is good, the mushroom will be as well. For presentation, remember that white wine will not change the color of the mushrooms as the red wil darkened them a bit.This was simple and all done on the BBQ.Will make it againThanks for sharing-18 May 2012