- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
Otherwise known as Bones of the Dead - this is my nana's recipe. They are also a great accent to a good cup of coffee.
70 people made this
- 250g (9 oz) plain flour
- 250g (9 oz) icing sugar
- 2 dessertspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 dessertspoon almond extract
MethodPrep:1day ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:1day15min
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, icing sugar, baking powder and ground cloves. Add beaten eggs and almond extract; mix well.
- Roll dough into 2cm balls and place firmly on a well greased baking tray. Cover with a tea towel and let stand over night. The dough will rise and spread.
- Preheat oven to 160 C / Gas mark 3. Bake biscuits for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(32)
Reviews in English (30)
Soooo good! These are crunchy on the outside and cake-like on the inside and so easy to make! NOTE: They have to rise overnight, so plan ahead!-21 Jul 2008
I tried making these this morning not realising they need to be left to cool over night does anyone know if i can still make them if i cool them for a couple of hours today ?-05 Jun 2014
Made these recently and they turned out quite well. I didn't use cloves as I didn't have any but they still tasted lovley. The dough wasn't very firm so I added more flour. Turned out better than expected. My only real problem was the bottom of the biscuit stuck to the grease proof paper, any tips?-14 Feb 2014