- Oily fish
- Baked salmon
This is a great salmon recipe for beginners! Even my daughter who wouldn't dream of eating fish loved it.
2713 people made this
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons mild olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 (170g) fillets salmon
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:40min ›Extra time:1hr marinating › Ready in:1hr55min
- In a medium glass bowl, prepare marinade by mixing garlic, olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Place salmon fillets in a medium glass baking dish, and cover with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator about 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Place fillets in aluminium foil, cover with marinade, and seal. Place sealed salmon in the glass dish, and bake 35 to 45 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3106)
Reviews in English (2191)
Made this dish for supper and I couldn't have asked for more. Pretty easy to make and very tasty.-16 Apr 2015
Excellent recipe. As recommended, made the following changes, and it turned out wonderfully:2 T. olive oil,1 T. melted butter,3/4 tsp basil,1/2 tsp salt,3 T lemon juice,1 tsp dried parsley,dash of dill weed.Instead of wrapping fillets individually, I just put the foil on top of the baking dish. I also skin fish before marinading (CRUCIAL for lessening fishy taste). Overall VERY easy. I make it with rice & serve the remaining marinade to drizzle on rice & fish.-17 Dec 2002
I would like to give this one at least 6 stars. It was very good. I did decrease the olive oil to 1 (one) tablespoon and decreased the salt to 1/2 teaspoon and I can not imagine it tasting any better. I marinated it in a plastic bag and kind of massaged the oil mixture into the salmon and then left it for an hour. I may decrease the pepper a wee bit next time. For you fellow Weight Watchers I calculated the points for a 6 ounce fillet to be 8.5. ***That is the points using 1 tblsp. of oil for the 2 fillets. Enjoy! Thanks Norma.-21 Feb 2003