- Oily fish
- Baked salmon
Unbelievably easy to make, without compromising on flavour!
47 people made this
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 (300g) tin mushrooms, drained and sliced
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 (450g) fillets salmon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 1 lemon, sliced
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr15min
- Preheat an oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Line a baking dish with enough aluminium foil to be able to fold over ingredients.
- Stir together the tomato, mushrooms, onion and spring onions in a bowl; spread into the bottom of the prepared dish. Lay the salmon fillets over the mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Dot the salmon with the butter. Arrange the lemon slices atop the butter pieces. Fold the foil over the salmon, and press edges together to seal.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 1 hour.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(52)
Reviews in English (36)
Amazing!! made a few changes to the recipe of my own. I used 2 tomatoes, 3 small red onions, and fresh mushrooms. I baked at 400 for 40 mins, I followed the advice of tinfoil and covering it while it baked, but next time (and there definately WILL be a next time) I will cook uncovered for the last 10 minutes to let some of the moisture evaporate. 5 stars as far as my company was concerned!-10 Feb 2010
Absolutely no way should you ever cook salmon this long - an hour just killed it and it was just grainy and dried out. I'd cook this for 20-25minutes and no more - it keeps cooking for a few minutes after cooking and slightly pink in the centre = a soft and juicy piece of perfectly cooked salmon.-15 May 2010