- Dish type
When I first found this recipe I initially thought that it was strange. But it's turned out to be a big hit at parties! Serve with crackers.
3 people made this
- 2 (450g) whole salamis, casings removed
- 100g dark brown soft sugar
- 1 (430g) bottle prepared barbecue sauce
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:1hr45min ›Ready in:1hr55min
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3. Line a baking dish with aluminium foil.
- Partially slice each salami into 6mm thick slices, making sure the cuts do not go all the way through. Place the salamis into the prepared baking dish, and bake for 1 hour. Drain off the grease.
- Mix the barbecue sauce and dark brown soft sugar together in a bowl, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Pour about 450ml of the sauce over the salami, and retain the rest for basting. Return the salamis to the oven and bake for 45 minutes more, basting occasionally with the reserved sauce. Serve on a platter with a knife so guests can cut their own slices.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (2)
Maybe it's just my taste, but I didn't really care for this, and would not serve it to company. Not really worth the bother in my opinion.-02 Mar 2010
by Soup Loving Nicole
I really liked this. My salami was only a pound (so I thought) so I halved the recipe. At first I liked it but thought it was a little heavy on the bbq sauce and brown sugar so I made a mental note that I would reduce those ingredients next time. It wasn't until I was cleaning up that I realized it was only an 8 oz. roll of salami. So with that being said, this recipe would be perfect as written. The key is to use a bbq sauce you are familiar with, like, and one that is not overly sweet. My go to bbq sauce is Gates which is a Kansas City style.-04 Jun 2017