- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
These exciting spring rolls are made with a delicious combination of green avocado, red sun-dried tomatoes, crab, chicken and more.
12 people made this
- 1 litre oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons shredded cabbage
- 4 tablespoons shredded carrots
- 4 tablespoons shredded cucumber
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 4 tablespoons diced spring onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 5 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 60g boneless chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 30g cooked crab meat, diced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 spring roll wrappers
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:45min
- Heat 1 litre oil in a wok over medium high heat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in cabbage, carrots, cucumber, onion, spring onion, shiitake mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper. Slowly cook and stir until all vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir chicken, crabmeat and Chinese five-spice powder into the cabbage mixture. Sprinkle avocado with lemon juice, then stir it into the mixture. Remove from heat.
- Place approximately 1 teaspoon of the cabbage and chicken mixture in the centre of spring roll wrappers. Fold wrappers, and seal the edges with moistened fingers.
- Carefully lower spring rolls into the heated oil. Deep fry approximately 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper. Cut in half to serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(12)
Reviews in English (6)
Very Yummy! Even without some ingredients. I couldn't find the sun-dried tomatoes so I left them out. I only used 3 cups of oil and doubled the recipe, which was great! There were only 5 of us at dinner and we ate every roll. My husband informed me that the recipe was a keeper! If serving for company, I do recommend toothpicks. The rice papers tend to be a little gummy.-07 Apr 2003
Wonderful. I bought the wrong kind of wraps and was unable to fry them. We ate ours as "fresh rolls." Just steam or run the wraps under hot water quickly and then pack full of the good stuff. Thanks for the recipe.-31 Jan 2006