- Dish type
- Baked cheesecake
Germans use quark for their cheesecakes, though you can try using cottage cheese as well. This recipe is fantastically simple to make and forms its own base whilst baking.
71 people made this
- 300g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 450g cream cheese, softened
- 450g quark or cottage cheese
- 110g butter, softened
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:1hr10min ›Extra time:6hr resting › Ready in:7hr30min
- Preheat an oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 23cm springform cake tin. Mix together the sugar, cornflour and flour and set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese and quark or cottage cheese; beat with an electric mixer at high speed until smooth and fluffy. Beat in the softened butter. Gradually add the sugar mixture, beating until combined. Add the eggs one at a time, blending well and scraping down the bowl after each addition. Stir in the lemon juice and vanilla and mix just until smooth.
- Pour the cake mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake rest in the oven with the door closed for 2 hours. Remove and cool on a wire rack. Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
For more easy tips on how to make a perfect cheesecake, check out our Perfect cheesecake tips how-to guide.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(43)
Reviews in English (40)
I tried this at the weekend and was very surprised it was delicious.-14 Sep 2010
Very nice indeed, is easy to make and tastes nearly as good as my mum's. I especially liked the fact that there was no base. My mum used to add a handful of raisins to the cream cheese mixture, I am going to try this next time. Will definitely make this case again.-22 Aug 2014
I'm just making this cake for a church sale after making it for work and after extremely positive feedback from everyone I can only recommend this. Being German I am proud to say that this enters the league with my mums and grandmas :-) Super easy and fast too! Try it!!-07 Feb 2014