- Dish type
- Side dish
- Vegetable side dishes
A quick, easy and flavourful side dish of asparagus brightly flavoured with lemon, prosciutto and pine nuts.
16 people made this
- 50g butter
- 80g thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 tablespoons pine nuts
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 900g fresh asparagus, trimmed
- salt and pepper to taste
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:8min ›Ready in:23min
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat; cook and stir the prosciutto, garlic and pine nuts in the melted butter until the garlic is fragrant and the nuts begin to turn brown, about 2 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Bring a saucepan filled with lightly salted water to boil. Gently boil the asparagus until the bright green and barely tender, about 3 minutes; drain. Add the asparagus to the prosciutto mixture and toss to mix evenly. Season with salt and pepper; serve hot.
Instead of prosciutto, use pancetta cubes instead.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(18)
Reviews in English (12)
Since I don't eat meat or dairy I made this with vegetarian bacon instead of prosciutto, and Earth Balance margarine instead of butter. It was amazing, took it to a dinner party where everybody else was a meat eater and it was a huge hit. Didn't need any salt just a little pepper. I did add a dash of basil and oregano.-10 Apr 2010
This is a great recipe, although we thought it was way too lemony and we love lemon. I would cut it back to about 1/4 cup or so. We made the recipe as is and didn't change a thing.-17 May 2010
by Tara Parsons
This was SUPER! I made the recipe as written except for the added salt. Prosciutto is salty enough. We all loved it, even the 4 year-old. It smelled wonderful while cooking and was very fast and easy to make. YUMMY!-18 Apr 2010