- Dish type
- Vegetable soup
- Asparagus soup
Using tinned asparagus in this soup makes it possible to enjoy any time of year. If you prefer to use fresh, simply add chopped fresh asparagus to the stock and simmer till tender.
15 people made this
- 4 large potatoes, peeled
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 1/2 (425g) tins asparagus, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fennel greens for garnish
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:35min
- Boil and mash potatoes. Puree in a blender, and set aside.
- In large pot, dissolve stock cubes in water following the directions on the packet.
- Add asparagus spears, and stir until spears are heated through. Stir in the potatoes. Season with fennel seeds and pepper to taste. Garnish with fennel greenery if desired. Serve hot.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (7)
My whole family loves this soup.It's great if your on a diet with the low fat and low calore content it's perfect.It tastes rich and smooth.-19 Nov 2002
by Marietta Higgins-Spillone
I made as directed and felt it had no flavor. I then added saute chopped onion, celery & mushrooms. It was better, but not great. I will keep serching for an Asparagus soup recipe, this is not the one.-23 Feb 2003