- Dish type
- Frozen desserts
- Ice cream
This cinnamon ice cream is loaded with apples, crushed oatmeal cookies, caramel and walnuts! It's a gorgeous take on apple crumble!
28 people made this
- 8 oatmeal cookies, crushed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 825ml whipping cream
- 125ml milk
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
- 4 tablespoons caramel sauce
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:15min ›Extra time:1hr freezing › Ready in:1hr35min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Mix the crushed cookies with 1 tablespoon of melted butter, and press onto a baking tray. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes, then remove, allow to cool completely, then crumble.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Stir in the apples, 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Cook until the apples have lightly browned, and the sugar has begun to caramelise, about 10 minutes. Remove from the pan, and allow to cool completely.
- Combine cream, milk, 200g sugar, eggs, vanilla and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon in a large bowl; mix to blend well. Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- When the ice cream has finished, stir in the crumbled cookies, caramelised apples and walnuts. Add the caramel sauce by the teaspoon while stirring to evenly distribute.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(29)
Reviews in English (26)
This turned out pretty good. I did make 3 minor changes. First, since I used the hard store-bought cookies I just crumbled them and added without the baking step. Second I chopped the apples into bite-sized pieces instead of slicing them. Third I did cook the egg/cream mixture because I have young children. They all liked it - the cinnamon wasn't overpowering.-15 Jul 2006
by Muffin Mom N Garlic Girl
This is the best ice cream I have ever had! I chopped my apples instead of leaving them in slices. I also added an extra tsp of cinnamon to the apples by sheer accident, it turned out to be fine. I left out the walnuts as most of my family isn't really fans. Its yummy with out the nuts. For the caramel topping try making the Praline Sundae topping from this site (which is out of this world). I love the chopped bits of oatmeal cookie throughout(the hard store brand cookie works great. Awesome recipe I will be making this all summer!-05 Jul 2009
I love this recipe. I did, as suggested, leave the nuts out and I diced the apples into small pieces. I also used only 2 tsp. of cinn. I entered this recipe in an apple dessert contest and won 1st place. Thank you, the ice cream is delicious!-12 Nov 2006