- Dish type
- Mini cakes
- Fruit muffins
- Blueberry muffins
Classic blueberry muffins.
177 people made this
- 200g (7 oz) plain flour
- 140g (5 oz) fresh blueberries
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 110ml (4 fl oz) skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 dessertspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 100g (4 oz) caster sugar
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas mark 6. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin. Set aside.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of the flour with the blueberries. Set aside. Beat egg white and 1 tablespoon oil lightly in bowl. Stir in milk and melted butter.
- In separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Sift dry ingredient mixture over egg white mixture. Stir just long enough to moisten flour. The batter will look lumpy. DO NOT OVERMIX. Fold in blueberries. Fill each tin two thirds full with batter. Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(86)
Reviews in English (72)
Used different ingredients.Quite by accident I used granulated and not caster sugar and about150g. I also used the whole egg. I had never baked before so sue me! Anyway they were a runaway success!-07 Oct 2009
Made it healthier.This is a good recipe for low fat muffins and it can be used with other berries. I prepared them with half plain flour/half wholemeal and it turned out nice.-14 Jul 2008
Altered ingredient amounts.added whole egg-11 Mar 2011