- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
An all-in-one yummy baked dish that even the little ones will enjoy! Tasty chicken is combined with lots of veg to get the whole family to five a day.
49 people made this
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets, cut into small cubes
- 450g sliced fresh mushrooms
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch garlic granules, or to taste
- 3 courgettes, cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
- 2 large red potatoes, cut into cubes
- 60g seasoned breadcrumbs
- 40g grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:1hr15min ›Ready in:1hr35min
- Preheat an oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the chicken and mushrooms until the chicken breasts in the hot oil until the chicken is no longer pink in the centre and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and garlic granules and remove from heat. Stir in the courgette, sweet potatoes, red potatoes, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and 4 tablespoons of olive oil; transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender and easily pierced with a fork about 1 hour.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(63)
Reviews in English (46)
Wow-what a surprise. I don't (didn't) even like sweet potatoes but I loved this dish. My husband loved it as well. The only changes I made was that I added some red onion to it about half way through cooking in the oven and I omitted the mushrooms, although I am sure my husband would have loved to have had them. Also, it only took about 20-25 min in the oven. Maybe I cut the potatoes pieces smaller-I don't know. But just as long as you watch it and stir it up every 7-10 min it turns out great! It also may have made a diff that I cooked it in a cast iron skillet that I just transferred to the oven. However you do it, you are sure to love it. I will for sure make this again (soon) You could easily scale it to any serving amount you want. It would be a great pot luck dish as well. You should try this!-23 Jul 2010
Delicious, we will definitely be having this again. We are not fans of mushrooms, so I substituted dicesred bell pepper. The combination of colors made it look as good as it tasted. Thankyou Chefbound-11 Mar 2010