- Dish type
- Fruit desserts
- Orange desserts
This is an old Chinese favourite for dessert. Unsweetened soya milk can be substituted for milk.
12 people made this
- 125g caster sugar
- 350ml milk
- 1 1/2 sachets (14g) unflavoured powdered gelatine
- 500ml boiling water
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 (310g) tin mandarin oranges, undrained
MethodPrep:10min ›Extra time:4hr chilling › Ready in:4hr10min
- Whisk the sugar into the milk in a mixing bowl until dissolved. Sprinkle the gelatine over top, and let stand for 1 minute to soften. Whisk the boiling water and almond extract into the gelatine mixture until the gelatine has dissolved. Pour into an 18cm (7 in) square tin. Refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.
- Once firm, cut the gelatine into 2.5cm (1 in) squares, and place into a mixing bowl. Gently stir in the mandarin oranges and their juice to serve.