- Dish type
- Bread without yeast
It takes just 5 minutes to get this cornbread on the table. I'll be honest - it tastes better baked in an oven. But it's still great in the microwave, and sometimes I only have 5 minutes!
Sylvia Moestl Vasilik
92 people made this
- 60g plain flour
- 60g polenta (cornmeal)
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 120ml milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
MethodPrep:2min ›Cook:3min ›Ready in:5min
- Mix the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, egg, milk and vegetable oil in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl.
- Heat in the microwave on high, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean, about 3 minutes, rotating the bowl halfway through cooking if the microwave does not have a rotating tray.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(115)
Reviews in English (102)
I was very skeptical of this... really? cornbread in 5 minutes? but it was GREAT! I added a little more sugar and a little more oil because i like moist cornbread. I put it in for 3 minutes in my microwave (900 watt) and it came out perfect. I'll definitely be making this in the future!-29 Sep 2010
Decided at the last minute to make cornbread with the chili tonight so I came to this site.com to find a recipe......and I found this one. Since it was the first time making it, I didn't change anything. The hubby said it could be sweeter. I eat mine with butter and honey so I didn't notice. Even the kids liked it. I loved how easy and quick it was to make....and in the microwave. I'd never heard of cornbread done in the microwave before. Mine took a total of six minutes to be completely done but even at that.....it's a heck of a lot shorter than in the oven! And great for a last minute add to dinner! You definitely have to try this!-22 Apr 2010
this has a great texture and consistency! the flavor is that of plain cornbread...which it is! it "saved" our lunch!-21 Feb 2010