- Dish type
- Baked cheesecake
You'll love the refreshing flavour of this simple no-base cheesecake with a light soured cream topping.
27 people made this
- 675g cream cheese
- 200g caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 250ml soured cream
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:1hr10min ›Extra time:5hr cooling › Ready in:6hr30min
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, 200g sugar, almond extract, eggs and salt. Beat until smooth. Pour into a greased deep pie dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
- To Make Topping: combine soured cream, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract and stir until smooth. Spread evenly on top of the baked cheesecake, then bake 10 minutes at 170 C / Gas 3 to set the top.
- Let cool, refrigerate several hours before serving.
For more easy tips on how to make a perfect cheesecake, check out our Perfect cheesecake tips how-to guide.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(26)
Reviews in English (19)
So simple- and it tasted great! If other reviewers didn't like the egginess they may want to try adding another 8 oz package of cream cheese like I did. I had no problems and it tasted delicious. Thanks for this recipe!-15 May 2008