- Dish type
- Pies and tarts
Very quick to prepare and economical. For a slight difference 55g (2 oz) grated Cheddar cheese could be added as well.
Fife, Scotland, UK
41 people made this
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 pork or beef sausages
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 280g (10oz) plain flour
- 140g (5oz) margarine or butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 225ml (8 fl oz) double cream
- 60ml (2 fl oz) full fat milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:25min ›Extra time:30min resting › Ready in:1hr5min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Remove fat from bacon and cut into small pieces. Cut 2 sausages of your choice into little pieces.
- Put olive oil in pan, add chopped onion, chopped sausage and chopped bacon. Lightly fry for 10 minutes, browning sausages and bacon. Take off heat and leave to cool.
- Make shortcrust pastry: Put flour and margarine or butter into mixing bowl and rub together until like breadcrumbs. Add water. Mix together until dough all holding together and roll into a ball. Wrap in cling film and put in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Grease 2 tins then take dough out of fridge and split it down middle. Flatten out each bit in the palm of your hand first then put in tin and use your knuckles to gently push the dough out to the edge of tin, ensuring that it does not have any breaks where mixture would leak through. Then use your fingertips to pull mixture up the sides all the way round.
- Then break 2 eggs into a bowl and mix well with a fork then add cream and milk and mix well.
- Add the beaten eggs, cream and milk to cooled sausage and bacon mixture. Mix well and then share it out between the 2 tins or if you like a thicker quiche all mixture could be added to just one tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes until quiche is set and golden brown in colour.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (4)
Took shortcuts.I used a ready made flan case!-24 Feb 2011
really easy and so tasty!!! this was my first ever quiche and it went down a storm x-15 Apr 2014
very tasty and easy to prepare-14 May 2012