- Meat and poultry
There's something about this pinwheel recipe that makes it look like you spent hours preparing it, when it doesn't take long at all. This is a roast beef and cream cheese and chive party nibble and is an easy and attractive addition to any party menu.
Hertfordshire, England, UK
2 people made this
- 1 large tub cream cheese
- 1 bunch fresh chives
- 4-5 large slices thinly sliced cooked roast beef
MethodPrep:30min ›Extra time:2hr chilling › Ready in:2hr30min
- First soften the cream cheese with a fork. Then add the chopped chives. Mix these two ingredients together.
- Now you can spread the whole of the roast beef slice with the cream cheese and chive mixture.
- Roll each slice of roast beef as tightly as you can and then wrap them individually with cling film. Put them in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- To finish the pinwheels, unwrap them and then slice them as thickly as you want them. I normally slice them about an inch. thick. Then you arrange them on a serving platter. You can use smaller slices of roast beef, just make more rolls and slice them a bit thicker.
You could also use large slices of cooked ham. Another suggestion to use instead of the chives is to add 1-2 tablespoons of horseradish to the cream cheese. Or maybe use a flavoured cream cheese like basil or garlic and herb.
I normally buy the roast beef already sliced from the deli counter. I haven't tried it with a roast beef joint that I have cooked myself, but im sure if it is large enough and cut thinly enough it will still work.