- Meat and poultry
- Beef mince
I made this recipe by evolving the basic chilli recipe. It is very spicy as I love extra spicy food.
4 people made this
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 500g minced beef
- 4 Scotch bonnet chillies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoons oregano
- 3 tablespoon cayenne chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 3 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons 1 Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 (400g) tin red kidney beans
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:2hr ›Ready in:2hr10min
- Heat a pan with oil. Fry your onion and garlic until softened. Add your mince and cook until browned.
- Mix in your fresh chillies, paprika, oregano, cayenne, cumin, tomato purée, tinned tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce.
- Once mixed crumble your stock cube over it all and mix again and leave to simmer for 1 hour.
- After the hour is up, add your kidney beans and leave for another ten minutes.
For optimal taste leave in a ceramic dish and cover in the fridge for a day to let the taste form for longer.
To make an awesome alternative in the form of a chilli bake: Add the chilli to an over-proof dish and mix with tortillas and sprinkle with cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
Serve with soured cream and rice.
See it on my blog
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (3)
Very good, I will definitely be making this one again, great heat level.Does need a bit more liquid-07 Jan 2016
σncє чσu put α tín σf tσmαtσєѕ ín í wσuld fíll thє tín wíth wαtєr αnd αdd ít. αlѕσ í uѕє dríєd ghσѕt chíll pєppєrѕ-15 Dec 2014
This recipe was good for the sheer spiciness of the dish but in my opinion need a bit a tweaking to add a little bit more flavour.Not for the faint hearted!-26 Sep 2013