- Meat and poultry
- Beef mince
This is a cheap and tasty meal, good for families. Serve with boiled rice or pasta and a salad or green veg.
Stirlingshire, Scotland, UK
20 people made this
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 450g (1 lb) minced beef
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- salt and pepper to taste
- 150ml (6 fl oz) beef stock
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon caraway seeds (optional)
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:55min
- Fry the onion and garlic in the oil until lightly browned.
- Stir in the mince and cook until it has browned.
- Add the flour, paprika, tomato puree, tomatoes, seasonings, stock, vinegar and caraway seeds (if using). Bring to the boil,turn down to medium-low heat and leave to simmer for 30 minutes,stirring occasionally.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
Absolutely delicious 😋 even the teenagers loved it!-31 Mar 2015
We have been making this recipe for over 20 years and its always a hit. we cook in the oven and serve with tagliatelle and a dollop of soured cream.-14 Nov 2012