- Dish type
- Main course
This is a lovely creamy nettle risotto; make the most of this great, free ingredient.
Northamptonshire, England, UK
1 person made this
- 250g arborio rice
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp nettle soup
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 medium egg
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:40min
- Lightly fry the onion in the olive oil until it is translucent, and then put the garlic in and cook for 2 minutes. Add the rice and stir until all of the grains have taken on the oil.
- Add a ladle off the stock and stir over a medium heat until all of the stock has been absorbed and then add another ladle of stock; keep repeating this process until the rice is nice and creamy, but still firm. Keep tasting and checking the seasoning.
- Once the rice has reached the right texture stir in the nettle soup a spoon at a time and keep stirring for a further 2 minutes, and again check the seasoning. You can now serve up your risotto.
- If you wish you can now poach an egg, and serve on top of the risotto; this adds an even creamier texture.