- Root vegetables
- Potato side dishes
- Baked potato
A different way to cook potatoes. Delicious!
Stirlingshire, Scotland, UK
10 people made this
- 450g (1 lb) potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 300ml (10 fl oz) double cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 100g (4 oz) cheese, grated
- 25g (1 oz) dried breadcrumbs
- 25g (1 oz) butter, cut into small pieces
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:50min
- Put one-third of the cooked potato slices on the bottom of a shallow, ovenproof dish.
- Top with a little cream, salt and pepper to taste, and one-third of the cheese.
- Make layers in the same way until the ingredients are finished, then sprinkle over the breadcrumbs.
- Dot over the butter and put the dish into the oven preheated to fairly hot (200 C / Gas 6) for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(0)
Reviews in English (1)
Used different ingredients.try it with skins left on the potatoe (obviously well scrubed and washed) or try it with sweet potatoe and add a few chunks of blue cheese in with the chedar i love it with skins on the potatoe-30 Oct 2010