- Popular collections
- Everyday cooking
Delicious chocolate Rice Krispie buns. Crack and crunch in your mouth - yum!!
17 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 12 crackles
- 225g (8 oz) plain or milk chocolate, in pieces
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 50g (2 oz) butter or margarine
- 50g (2 oz) Corn flakes® or Rice Krispies®
MethodPrep:10min ›Extra time:1hr chilling › Ready in:1hr10min
- Place 12 paper cake cases in a bun tin.
- Put the chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a heavy-based saucepan over low heat until melted; stir until smooth.
- Fold in the Corn Flakes or Rice Krispies until evenly mixed, then divide the mixture evenly between the paper cases. Chill in the refrigerator until set.
May take longer or less time to cool depending on weather.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
Husband loved them! I added some Vanilla essence as I had some and thought what the hell. Very cheap as well if you get basic chocolate and basic rice krispies.-21 Feb 2018
Good combination - but mixture as given was too liquid, so needed to add another 3oz Corn Flakes /Bran Flakes mix. Also added 1 to 2 oz sultanas. Then I had an excellent result - which I hope others will try (made 16).-22 Jun 2013