- Dish type
- Bean and lentil soup
- Bean soup
You can't go wrong with this recipe. Serve this refreshing summer soup chilled with tortilla crisps and a dollop of yoghurt on top.
22 people made this
- 1 (400g) tin black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 tablespoons tomato salsa dip
- 450ml (16 fl oz) water
- 1 (200g) punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
MethodPrep:5min ›Ready in:5min
- Drain and rinse black beans, placing 1 tablespoon black beans aside for later use.
- Place remaining beans, salsa, water, cherry tomatoes, ground cumin and sugar in a food processor or blender and purée.
- Stir in reserved black beans and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Black turtle beans, or simply 'black beans' for short, are especially common in Latin American cuisine. High in fibre and packed with nutrients, they're a healthy addition to any dish. If you can't find tinned black beans, use dried.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(18)
Reviews in English (16)
by GLORIA BERNADETTE
Used different ingredients.The recipe is a great base to build on. I used chicken stock instead of water to add some flavour. I drained the black beans and added a tin of chopped tomatoes and sweetcorn, and an abundance of fresh veggies (red onion, spring onion, peppers, coriander and celery)-24 Jul 2008
Altered ingredient amounts.i added more beans, salt and spices to the original recipe. the soup is very tasty but its colour is not great.-24 Jul 2008
I am a poor starving uni student and the key word is poor and this recipe is an excellent one for us on a budget. thanks!!!!!-24 Jul 2008