- Meat and poultry
- Beef mince
This is a Mexican style dish, very tasty and cheap to make! My husband loves it!
Stirlingshire, Scotland, UK
20 people made this
- 450g (1 lb) minced beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon mild chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 100g (4 oz) nacho or tortilla chips
- 100g (4 oz) Mexican style cheese or Cheddar
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:35min ›Ready in:45min
- Brown the mince, onion, pepper and garlic in 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, chilli powder and cumin. Season and simmer for 25-30 minutes, uncovered.
- Pour into a shallow ovenproof dish. Arrange the tortilla chips over the top, overlapping each other.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and place under a medium grill until cheese has melted. Garnish with the chopped coriander.
Use the cheesy nachos to scoop up the chilli. Serve with salsa and soured cream!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(13)
Reviews in English (3)
Great recipe , easy and quick to make, all the family loved it. I make this on a regular basis now-11 Jun 2012
nice, easy to make but needed a bit more kick-04 Jul 2012