- Dish type
- Chocolate cake
- Easy chocolate cakes
Lovely biscuit cake with no baking required. Simple!!
69 people made this
- 50g butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- raisins (optional)
- 50g crushed digestive biscuits
- cooking chocolate (optional)
MethodPrep:20min ›Extra time:4hr chilling › Ready in:4hr20min
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan. Add in the cocoa powder, golden syrup and raisins (optional).
- When the ingredients come together to make a brown, sticky liquid take it off the heat and add in the crushed digestive biscuits. Mix and put in a 7" round baking tin and leave in fridge until it becomes hard, about 4 hours.
- If you want you can melt cooking chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water and when it melts pour over the chocolate biscuit cake. Cut in small pieces and serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(4)
Reviews in English (4)
nice tasting but does not make enough for 12 people!!! not even half! need to triple the ingredients.-22 Nov 2010
Really tasty! I think this could easily be made in larger amounts to have a more chunky fridge cake!! Yum.-01 Jul 2010
The amount was tiny so I doubled it. After overnight in the fridge it still hadn't set properly and tasted more 'cocoa' than 'choccy'.-16 Feb 2015