- Pasta bakes
A quick and easy veggie lasagne that is a lovely winter warmer or summer dish if paired with a salad.
London, England, UK
4 people made this
- 1/2 box lasagne sheets
- olive oil, as needed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped vegetables choice (eg carrot, courgette, peas, corn)
- 1 bag Quorn mince
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 180ml water
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 packet cheese or white sauce
- 3 tablespoons grated cheese
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:50min
- Heat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Boil a large pot of water and cook lasagne sheets to instructions on the packet.
- In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of oil and cook diced onion and garlic for 2 minutes or until starting to brown. Add longer cooking or frozen vegetables (ie carrot or frozen peas) and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add Quorn mince and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add tin of tomatoes, water, tomato puree and chilli and simmer for 10 minutes or until cooked.
- In a separate small saucepan make the white or cheese sauce according to directions on the packet. (I sometimes stir a little grated cheese to make the sauce tastier but it is optional.)
- Layer the ingredients in a large casserole dish starting with mince, then pasta sheets, then thin layer of white sauce. Repeat until mixture is used up. Top layer should be white sauce on pasta. Sprinkle the top with grated cheese and bake in oven for 20 minutes.