- Herb and spice
- Seasoning mixes
The southwestern section of the Unites States (particularly Arizona and New Mexico) utilise many unique flavours and spices. Here is the house blend we use on the ranch to season...well, most everything!
New Mexico, United States
3 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 250 ml
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder (New Mexico if available)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules
- 2 teaspoons ground cumino
- 1 teaspooon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano (Mexican if available)
- 1/4 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
MethodPrep:5min ›Ready in:5min
- Combine all ingredients. For a finer, more even texture, you can pulse the ingredients in a blender or food processor (be careful not to breath in the dust when you open the lid!). Store in an airtight glass jar. Maintains freshness about 6 months.
Use a little of this seasoning on beef, pork or chicken or sprinkle a little on vegetables.