- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
- Stuffed chicken breasts
Green chilli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts with a surprisingly light and flavourful coriander and cheese rice.
Tennessee, United States
3 people made this
- 4 chicken breast fillets (boneless, skinless)
- 400g diced green chilli, divided in half
- 340g grated Cheddar / Monterey Jack cheese
- 340g soured cream
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped coriander
- 680g uncooked white rice
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:1hr30min ›Ready in:1hr45min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Prepare stuffing mixture by mixing half of the grated cheese and half of diced green chillies.
- Slice open chicken breast fillets at their fullest point and equally stuff the breasts with the cheese/chilli mixture. Pin closed with a wooden skewer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper as you like.
- Place chicken breasts on a greased pan, cover with foil, and bake for 1 hour.
- Prepare rice as directed on packet. Drain any access water, and mix cooked rice with remaining chilli, grated cheese and entire amount of soured cream and coriander. Salt and pepper the rice mixture, and spread into the bottom of an oven safe glass dish.
- After 1 hour of cooking chicken, remove from the oven and place chicken breasts halves over the rice. Continuing cooking for 20-30 minutes, uncovered.
- Serve with a light salad, and some iced tea or white wine!