- Dish type
- Main course
This is an absolutely fantastic recipe for Beetroot Risotto with Feta Cheese.
Northamptonshire, England, UK
66 people made this
- 250g Arborio Rice
- 1 litre Chicken Stock, homemade or a cube
- 1 med/large Cooked and Peeled Beetroot
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 pack Feta Cheese
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:40min
- Firstly take your cooked beetroot and blitz in a food processor to a puree, adding the balsamic vinegar a drop at a time, until the beetroot is nice and pureed but not to wet.
- Next lightly fry the onion in the olive oil until it is translucent, and then put the garlic in and cook for 2 minutes. Add the rice and stir until all of the grains have taken on the oil.
- Add a ladle off the stock and stir over a medium heat until all of the stock has been absorbed and then add another ladle of stock, keep repeating this process until the rice is nice and creamy, but still firm, keep tasting and checking the seasoning.
- Once the rice has reached the right texture stir in the pureed beetroot and keep stirring for a further 2 mins, and again check the seasoning, and serve. Add crumbled feta cheese and enjoy
See it on my blog
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(5)
Reviews in English (5)
Really tasty. I found it very easy to make, and such a pretty meal to eat too. I used goats cheese instead of feta as I'm not very fond of feta cheese.Also, note that onions are mentioned in the instructions but not in the list of ingredients, so you just need to remember to make sure you have some!-29 May 2013
Really enjoyed it. Will definitely make again.-28 Aug 2015
I did enjoy it though I could not finish it as it was a little to rich for my taste, maybe a mistake on my part tho.-24 May 2015