- Dish type
- Vegetable cakes
- Carrot cake
I had a look around the kichen and noticed that I had quite a few carrotts lying around abandoned in the corner, and was quitely contemplating what I could do with them apart from roasting them or turning them into soup.
Northamptonshire, England, UK
220 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 12 Cupcakes
- 150g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 125g softened butter
- 125g brown sugar
- 75g grated carrot
- 2 eggs
- 100g full fat or low fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- a few drops lemon flavouring or lemon rind
MethodPrep:25min ›Cook:25min ›Extra time:15min cooling › Ready in:1hr5min
- Preheat oven to 180 (gas mark 4).
- Put 12 cup cake cases into a bun tin.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large bowl.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, carrot and eggs.Beat together with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Divide the mixture between the cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until they spring back when pressed.
- Transfer cakes to a wire cooling rack leave until cold.Add icing if you want
- Mix the cream cheese with the icing sugar in a bowl then spread on the cakes. I then put these in the fridge for about 20mins just for the icing to set.
See it on my blog
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(16)
Reviews in English (16)
Delicious! love them! they are so easy make which makes them perfect for baking with children! This is a huge plus as I regularly have little people assisting me!-19 Apr 2012
Excellent recipe! Lovely, moist cupcakes. Ideal for little helpers to join in with.I used a little orange juice in the icing. But apart from that didn't change a thing.These will deffintiely become a regular in our house!-03 May 2012
Excellent easy recipe. Fab moist cakes, and I'm no cake baker!-17 Apr 2013