- Dish type
- Celebration cakes
- Birthday cake
- Kids' birthday cakes
- Birthday cakes for boys
Amazing to look at and even better to eat!
Greater Manchester, England, UK
197 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 12 cupcakes
- 125g unsalted butter
- 125g self-raising flour
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp milk
- 4 bottles food colouring (red, blue, yellow, green)
- 12 cupcake cases
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas mark 6.
- Cream the sugar and butter until pale and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs in one at a time, adding a little flour in each time, until the ingredients are mixed.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix. Then add the milk 1 tbsp at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Divide the mixture into 6 bowls:
In Bowl 1 - Add half a cap of red colouring
In Bowl 2 - Add half a cap of red and half a cap of yellow
In Bowl 3 - Add half a cap of yellow
In Bowl 4 - Add half a cap of green
In Bowl 5 - Add half a cap of blue
In Bowl 6 - Add half a cap of blue and half a cap of red
Mix colouring into each mixture after adding.
- Divide the purple mixture between the 12 cases. Repeat with the other mixtures in this order: Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
How to ice cupcakes
Watch our How to ice cupcakes video to see how to dress them up or down for any occasion!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(37)
Reviews in English (34)
These cupcakes are so easy to make and they turn out looking amazing and they taste yummy!!-24 Jul 2011
These fairy cakes are stunning and gor comments from everyone at my sons party! (they did take me along time to get into the cases and in to the oven!)-11 Apr 2010
really great and easy and the kids loves them-09 Mar 2012